Privacy is very precious, which is why it shouldn’t stop you from snapping. Learn how to Change Location on SnapMap on Android & iOS.
About Snapchat Snap Map
The Snapchat Snap Map is an interactive map feature on Snapchat that allows location sharing among friends. So it goes to say Snap Streaks are not the only thing you and a friend can share.
It also goes beyond just sharing of locations. From the Snap Map, you can view snaps submitted from all over the world by going through the World Updates and catching up with the latest happenings as well. So you get to see snaps from an event, say sports, breaking news, or celebrations, all grouped in one place.
Snap Map World Updates
If you do not know what to look for, just tap on the heatmap and see what is happening. The heatmap shows locations where the most snaps have been taken. With a red color showing locations with the most snaps and blue where there are some snaps, you can catch an ongoing fire, football match, etc happening through people’s snaps.
You can find so many things on Snap Map. From Friends, stories, places, and even memories.
How to hide your Snap Map location
By tracking your location, Snapchat has been able to offer location-tailored experiences on the platform. It tends to recommend filters and other features that are popular within your location to you, the same way you get to see what’s trending on Twitter based on your location.
For some reason, you might not want to share your every move on social media. Snap Map has a Ghost mode feature that you can activate if you do not want to share your location with anyone.
- Open Snapchat on your phone
- Tap on the snap map or location icon.
- Click on the settings icon at the top corner.
- From the settings option, click on the toggle switch beside Ghost Mode to turn it ON.
- From the pop-up, choose between 3 hours, 24 hours, or until turned off, to set how long you want to disable location sharing.
This will disable location sharing entirely on Snapchat until whenever you turn it off, or until the end of the ghost mode duration.
Alternatively, you might not want to turn off your location entirely. At least you can share it with friends or selected contacts. So instead of turning on Ghost Mode, you can choose
- My Friends – to share your location with only those who are your friends on Snapchat.
- My Friends, Except… – to share your location with your friends on Snapchat excluding some selected friends.
- Only These Friends – to share your location with a few selected friends from your list of Snapchat contacts.
How to Change Your Location in Snapchat on Android
Follow the steps below to change location on Android.
Download a fake GPS app and install it on your phone. Some include
There are many other fake GPS apps on the Google Play Store, so just search for what you like.
You need to enable the developer option first before you can use a Fake GPS app to change your GPS location. To enable developer options.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Navigate to about phone
- On the phone specifications screen, check for the build number. It might be grouped under a particular spec aspect, say baseband and Kernel version.
- Click on the build number several times until you get a prompt that you are now a developer.
Now go back to developer options settings and choose your fake GPS app as the mock location app. You will find developer options after enabling it under settings or additional settings depending on your phone version.
- Click on select mock location app.
- Select the GPS app you want your phone to take location readings from.
Next, you proceed to change your location with the app.
- Launch the fake GPS app
- Pick a location from the app map. Zoom in with two fingers for more precision.
- Now click on Play or the start button and your location will change.
Now when you open Snapchat, your location will be the location you selected on the fake GPS app.
How to change Snap Map location on iOS
Changing location on iOS is a bit more complicated than changing on Android. For a long time, it required you to run a Jailbreak to be able to do so. But thankfully, today there are softwares that makes it easy to change your GPS location without Jailbreaking.
Most of these software are paid softwares and they do a good job masking location. You can search the web for a choice pick. Below you will learn how to use AnyTo by iMyFone to change your snap map location.
How to change Snap Map location with iMyFone AnyTo
iMyFone AnyTo is a location-changing app that can be used to fake GPS locations easily without jailbreak. It is compatible with both iOS and Android and can support other platforms that have location features aside from Snapchat.
It comes with so many location features and is one of the few ones that are available to download for free with a free trial.
- Free Download iMyFone AnyTo software.
- Open the iMyFone AnyTo app after installing.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the USB connection cable.Credit: iMyFone
- Click on the Teleport Mode icon
- Now choose the desired location. You can type it in the text field or make use of the mouse and click on the desired location.
- Next, click on the Move button to change location to the desired location. Your GPS will now assume the new location and it will be reflected also on your Snap Map.
- Now you can unplug your phone and enjoy new Snap Map location features.
Note, that your device’s GPS location is what gets changed. Meaning all apps on your phone that make use of location services will have the same new location. To undo the location spoof settings just restart your phone.
Changing your location on the Snap Map exposes you to so many cool location-tailored features. But you should always change back when you are done. Tracking a lost or stolen phone in the event of theft can be difficult if the location is false.